VARS and gridview¶
To use griddview with VARS:
# If you have SSH keys for bitbucket configured git clone email@example.com:mbari/gridview.git # Alternatively you can check it out with no login credentials git clone https://bitbucket.org/mbari/gridview.git cd gridview git checkout vars_integration
Then follow the instructions in the README.md file for installing the correct python dependencies.
An API key is required so that gridview has permissions to modify data in M3/VARS. To configure the key:
- Contact Brian Schlining (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the API key.
- open or create
gridview/config/api_key.txtand paste the key into the file.
Gridview needs read-access to the annotations database. To configure the database:
- Contact Brian Schlining (email@example.com) for the server, password, username, and database parameters.
gridview/config/sources.iniand enter the credentials. For example:
server = fugazi.shore.mbari.org user = foo password = bar database = M3_ANNOTATIONS
REST API configuration¶
Gridview will use REST APIs for modifying the bounding box and annotation data. To configure the anno endpoints:
- Contact Brian Schlining (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the rest endpoints
gridview/config/sources.ini. For example:
; anno endpoints anno_auth = http://nexus.shore.mbari.org:8082/anno/v1/auth anno_associations = http://nexus.shore.mbari.org:8082/anno/v1/associations anno_annotations = http://nexus.shore.mbari.org:8082/anno/v1/annotations
In general, you do not need to modify the accounts or kb endpoints and can leave those "as-is".
Refer to the README.md file on the python dependencies. Once those are installed, you can launch gridview using:
cd gridview python gridview.py
Above: Pending Verification
Above: The currently displayed localization has a blue border
Above: Selected localizations are green. Verifying, changing a label, or deleting are applied to all selected localizations!!
Localization that have been verified are yellow
WARNING: There is no undo button in gridview!! Please be cautious when making bulk changes, your changes are forever.
- Left-click on the image
- Hold down Ctrl key and drag the mouse over images to be selected
Zoom in on selected image:¶
- Move mouse over the image detail view
- Scroll up to zoom in
- Scroll down to zoom out
- Press scroll wheel and drag to move around
Verifying the selected images:¶
- Make sure that the label and parts textfields are empty
- Click the "LABEL" button
- This will add
verifier: <username>to the bounding box information
Apply label to all selected images:¶
- verify that you want to apply the label to all the localizations you have selected
- Choose the label you want to apply from the Class Label dropdown
- Click the "LABEL SELECTED" button
- Labeled images with have new label applied and will be immediately updated in the VARS database.
- If the "Hide Labeled" box is checked, the images will be removed from the grid
- verify that you want to delete all the localizations you have selected
- Click the "DELETE" button
- Underlying localizations will be immediately deleted in VARS The selected images will be removed from the grid
Resize windows (grid view, full image view, and JSON view)¶
- Mouse over the bar between the views and when the pointer changes to arrows left-click and drag to change size.
- The app should remember the state when relaunched.
Resize a box¶
- Left-click on one of the box handles (diamond shapes) and drag while holding the mouse button down