Tutorials written in Juptyer Notebooks are available to guide you through both accessing and using the data in the pacific-sound registry. A live preview of these notebooks can be found by clicking any of the links below, or by navigating through the menus by topic, e.g. Data Access, Blue Whales, etc.
Data Access and Decimation Notebooks¶
- 2kHz Data ✨ Recommended first step to learn more about the low-frequency data
- 16kHz Data ✨ Recommended first step to learn more about the low-mid-frequency data
- 256kHz Data ✨ Recommended first step to learn more about the raw 10-minute data
- 256kHz to 2kHz Decimation ✨ Recommended to learn about how the raw 10-minute data is decimated from 256kHz to 2Khz
Research and Machine Learning Notebooks¶
- Blue Whales
- Humpback Whales
- Humpback whale song detection 🐳 Detect humpback song with a neural network model
- Shipping Noise
- Quantify shipping noise in the soundscape 🛳️ Apply international standards to measure shipping noise and its temporal variations.
- Full access to 16 kHz audio 🐬 Listen to example recordings of dolphins and whales, then pick any time to listen and explore.