Integration strategy below reviewed and approved by LRAUV team on 4/17/18.
TethysL Integration with LRAUV System¶
The strategy for integration of TethysL with the rest of the LRAUV and TethysDash ecosystem is as follows:
- TethysL is able to commit
.tethyslmission files and corresponding generated
.xmlfiles against Bitbucket.
- The target for the mission files will continue to be the official
- Along with the traditional XML files,
mbari/lrauv-missionwill also start to include TethysL source files.
- These TethysL files will eventually become the actual source of the mission scripts.
- The corresponding XML files will only be generated.
- The use of
mbari/lrauv-missionfor both XML and TethysL seems very convenient in general, at least during a phase of transition, e.g., it facilitates inspection of both language versions in a single space, that is, basically side-by-side.
- Regardless of where the TethysL sources are stored, continuing to use the
mbari/lrauv-missionrepository for the generated XML version of the missions will simply avoid the need for any changes in existing LRAUV/TethysDash mission script processing mechanisms.