1.7.1 - 2019-04-26
- Add button to show original XML.
1.7.0 - 2019-03-26
- Ctrl＋K to compile.
New button to update the base information used to validate entities referenced in TethysL scripts. Click the button at the end of the main toolbar to open the base information dialog. If you are currently logged in as an operator in the TethysDash system (Dash3), then the update button will be included in the definitions dialog:
The TethysL engine will synchronize relevant repository clones in the backend (lrauv-application, lrauv-mission), parse all
*IF.hheader files as well as the currently published XML schemas.
Once this operation is completed in the backend (you will get a result message as part of this), please reload the Editor page to also bring the updated information to the frontend.
NOTE: The XML schemas themselves are currently updated as part of the nightly build for the LRAUV system. So any changes in the schemas since the last build won't necessarily get reflected by the operation above.
1.6.2 - 2019-03-25
T|Xto show, upon a sucessful compile, the TethysL source and the generated XML side-by-side.
1.6.1 - 2019-03-22
- Several more adjustments in the automatic XML-to-TethysL conversion
X⇒T), now with traslation of almost all comments (including those for TEST_CODE snippets in python). In general, this conversion should now cover most cases in all existing XML files in the lrauv-mission repository. Please report any translation issues. Keep in mind that possible compile errors in the resulting translation might be just due to the more strict validation performed by TethysL (which is part of its motivation in the first place!). Once you have reviewed and done any necessary edits, remove all the
#!!!lines and save/commit the script.
1.6.0 - 2019-03-20
Along with any existing TethysL files, one can now browse all other missions that are still only available in XML from the selected Bitbucket repository, and load them into the editor with the automatic XML-to-TethysL conversion, which has also been significantly improved.
For the selected directory, the mission browser panel (on the left) lists all contained mission scripts but ignoring the
.tethyslfile extensions (so, a base name will be shown only once for a script with both extensions available). Upon clicking an entry, say
Surface, the editor will first try to load the TethysL version (
Surface.tethysl) if available. If not, then it will load the XML version (
Surface.xml), perform the conversion, and put the result in the editor.
This logic is also applied by the open-script command (Ctrl＋O).
A script translated from XML will include the following comment line:
#!!! TethysL script automatically generated from original XML
The user can of course proceed with further revision of the script as needed, eventually removing the comments lines about the automatic conversion, save it in local storage, commit it, etc.
1.5.8 - 2019-03-19
New "info" button (located to the right above the editor area) that displays all the basic information (namespaces, modules, units) that supports corresponding validation of referenced entities in TethysL sources. This base information is gathered by the engine from the lrauv-aplication system (interface (
*IF.h) headers and XML schemas).
NOTE: The update of this information is still triggered manually in the backend.
1.5.7 - 2019-03-18
Autocompletion of colon-prefixed identifier.
Note: for the moment, the autocompletion list in this case is generated upon semantic error, that is, when an inexistent colon-prefixed identifier has been entered. So, first compile (Ctrl＋K), then, trigger autocompletion with Ctrl＋Space:
- Autocompletion of mission or aggregate name for
- Autocompletion of behavior name for
- Proper handling of Tab/Shift-Tab.
- Formatting adjustment in hint dialog.
- Open script button now also for 'Shared' workspace.
1.5.6 - 2019-03-13
Added button to open a script (Ctrl-O) with quick selection of any available mission script (from cached list in Bitbucket workspace case, and from saved files in the backend in the Shared workspace case).
Engine/Compiler: A regression fix in 'behavior' parser.
1.5.4 - 2019-03-04
Improved autocomplete dispatch to first allow for the expected list from semantic analysis (in case of error) to proceed if already captured, otherwise proceeding with the parse based autocompletion.
Improved caching (in local storage) for Bitbucket workspace such that directory listing is retrieved only upon first opening of the directory and then in certain operations (file creation/deletion and explicit reload request).
Directory creation now as a separate operation. In the Bitbucket workspace case, the new directory is of course not to be committed itself, but maintained in local storage to then allow for any subsequent addition of files.
1.5.1 - 2019-02-28
- Significantly enhanced syntax error reporting and support for autocompletion.
- Various parsing adjustments for consistency (especially in terms of keywords vs. identifiers).
- Units now represented explicitly at the syntax level (not via generic identifiers).
- Severity values for
syslognow also explicitly represented.
- Keywords now properly delimited and with consistent "camelCase" naming.
- Improved autocompletion at syntax level. This is how autocompletion for units looks like when typing Ctrl-Space where a unit is expected:
- Shift-click on the little style buttons on the top right of the editor now adjusts the line height in the textarea. (Regular click continues to adjust the font size.)
- Extra highlight for brackets.
- Various style adjustments in the textarea (token colors, font family).
- Clicking the OK button now shows the compiled symbols (as in pre-1.5 version).
1.5.0 - 2019-02-22
New major version of TethysL. Although with an improved GUI in general, this new version mainly involves more robust underlying compiler support for enhanced error reporting and autocompletion, which will be a next focus moving forward.
Some of the changes/additions:
- Improved diff dispatch according to saved contents, editor contents, and committed contents.
- Improved commit dialog, including diff (both tethysl and xml).
- Syntax validation now done as the script is edited. (Full compile still to be triggered via button or Ctrl-C.)
- Fixes to handling of Bitbucket account authorization.
- Allow to commit both the .tethysl and the .xml at once as in previous version, but also either one in separation. This is very convenient as we progress toward to a complete TethysL focus.
- Translation to XML now also includes comments (only for a selection of the constructs for now). This is also convenient for transition purposes.
Ctrl-/to comment/uncomment current selection or line.
Ctrl-[to jump to matching bracket.
- Ability to change font size in tethysl and xml textareas.
- Words highlighted across the document corresponding to word under cursor.
1.0.0 - 2018-06-11
- Fix translation of python test code to remove the "unexpected indent" generated as part of the overall XML formatting (#17).
0.9.9 - 2018-05-31
- Internal adjustments mainly related with handling of value units (#16, #15, #13).
- Clicking the OK button (upon a successful compile) will now show a popup box with all the "symbols" (arguments, outputs, inserts, aggregates, behaviors) associated with the script. Right now this is mainly intended as a development tool to facilitate inspection of the compile result.
0.9.8 - 2018-05-23
Significant, mainly internal adjustments toward completing the transition to workspace-based, remote-bitbucket-repo mission file handling.
More externally, the compile operation now needs to be explicitly requested (via Ctrl＋K shortcut or corresponding button), except upon a fresh load of a script, in which case the compile operation is done automatically.
0.9.7 - 2018-05-18
New TethysL Diff feature (button: , keystroke shortcut: Ctrl＋D).
Depending on three possible contents associated with the script being edited, this function will perform a 2- or 3-way diff operation and open a modal dialog with:
- saved contents, if any, in the left panel;
- current contents from main editor in the center panel;
- committed contents, if any, in the right panel.
Note: Any changes done in the diff dialog will get reflected in the main editor upon closing the dialog.
0.9.6 - 2018-05-17
- New button , which commits both the source in TethysL and corresponding generated XML.
- Button now saves the script in your browser's local storage.
- New button to perform translation
from XML to TethysL.
For those existing XML files in the upstream
mbari/lrauv-missionrepo that don't yet have a TethysL version, the "trick" to exercise this feature is to create a new script in TethysL with the name (including path) of the mission and then click this new operation.
- There is now a link to the selected bitbucket repository in the Workspace details dialog.
- New auto-compile checkbox to allow disabling the auto-compile feature.
- Keystroke combination is now shown in the tooltip of relevant buttons.
- More prominent
<!-- Generated by TethysL -->snippet in generated XML.
- Last but not least, first merge of couple of TethysL sources and corresponding generated XML in the official mission repo; thanks Ben!
0.9.3 - 2018-03-14
- Toward proposed integration mechanism:
- Several significant additions and new integration with Bitbucket
- New "workspace" element (two types: 'Bitbucket' and 'Shared').
- New repository https://bitbucket.org/mbari/tethysl-missions-test created for testing integration with Bitbucket. Some LRAUV members have already been given 'write' access. Let Carlos know if you need access.
- Several significant additions and new integration with Bitbucket (#12).
- New option to open a recently edited mission file (Ctrl-R).
- Toward proposed integration mechanism:
0.9.1 - 2018-02-26
TethysL compiler (ie., translator to xml) now considered to be complete. Next, we will be focusing on improving the editor itself as well as determining and implementing a strategy for integration with the rest of the LRAUV/TethysDash system.
Automatic xml-to-tethysl translation now covers most XML constructs. This translation is mainly intended to facilitate the transition to TethysL. Please do not expect this feature to be fully completed; feel free to further edit any of the generated scripts as needed.
0.9.0 - 2018-01-29
- TethysL source prettifier feature completed
- New button in UI and Ctrl-Y as keyboard shortcut.
- The reformatted source is automatically compiled; an alert will be shown in case this results in a different XML as this would indicate a bug in the reformatting.
- New command-line program to process all sources under a directory.
0.0.8 - 2018-01-22
- More consistent generation of XML.
- Some minor UI adjustments.
- various fixes and validation enhancements
0.0.8 - 2018-01-17
- allow to insert file multiple times (but of course, not in a recursive/nested manner).
- Concrete case:
- Concrete case:
- show line/col (instead of index) in erroneous insertion
- adjustment in validation of
IsNan(which continues to be a bit lenient)
- some TethysL sources updated (manually):
- highlight special comment lines: those starting with
# TODOand those with
- for development convenience, only the "default" and "abcdef" themes are now available
0.0.7 - 2017-08-14
- (internal) use scala 2.12, update dependencies, use carueda.cfg.
0.0.6 - 2017-08-07
- additional text in create script prompt message
- internal (some code refactoring)
0.0.5 - 2017-07-20
- Some examples adjusted (eg.,
- Adjustments in some validations (call 'refId' now also checks aggregates in the same file;
the repeat in
run in sequence repeat=xxxis now validated).
- Unary expression: one can now write
Not IsNan something.
- Diff View: new 'Prettify' buttons, one on each side of the view, to further facilitate the comparison. The button runs the traditional 'makePretty' utility in the backend and updates the corresponding panel in the view with the result.
- In translation to xml: separate expression structure for easier inspection
0.0.4 - 2017-07-17
- Comments are no longer translated to XML
- UI adjustments:
- most recently loaded scripts now at the top of the script selection dropdown
- confirmation to discard unsaved edits before 'refresh', 'create', and change in selected script
0.0.3 - 2017-07-10
- First version for users to start testing and providing feedback.
- Lots of additions and adjustments; improved validation and translation.
0.0.1 - 2016-08-12
- First prototype. Many thanks to our MBARI Summer Intern, Eli Meckler, for his great contribution to this project.